Fall 2023 ︎︎︎ SUNY Purchase ︎︎︎ (DES3090) Interactive & Experience Design
the image above was made with the prompt “a cute robot performing a piano solo in a colorful room. Filmed on video, played back on VHS” on RunwayML
BackgroundFor this recital, you will rework a previous piece you made. You will keep in mind feedback that you have gotten and new skills you have and might acquire to execute your piece.
Objective(s)(some of the below presumes code though you may not necessarily be using code for your project)
- Convey that you are taking the code we are learning in class and synthesizing and metabolizing that knowledge in a project that is closer to your own.
- Find an application for the existing code that you have learned, that combines and encapsulates it.
- Understand how “following-through” on a project can improve it aesthetically and conceptually.
- Apply your efforts in the class towards a communal application of your skills designing graphics.
- See the submission requirements for the original project you are re-working. Submit an amended version of those requirements. (you do not have to copy files if that effects your cloud storage space)
RequirementsYour project must be a “refactoring” of your original process. That is to say, it must reconsider the code, mechanics, and production of the original project and rework it in a substantive and demonstrable way. This is not simply, making the red lights blue or adding comments to bad code.
- 50% ︎︎︎Execution of piece ︎︎︎
This is a combination of both the craft of your code and your piece as well as whether your final piece actually functions.
- 50% ︎︎︎ Thoughtfulness of Reconsideration ︎︎︎Did you re-think your piece based on comments from your critique? Was your process more than superficial? How fundamental were your changes?
- Your ability to plan for a technical idea if you are using code.
The necessity to prototype if you are using code or any electronics.
Working in a group is okay and encouraged as long as you are clear about who did what.
- 11/20/2023 ︎︎︎ Check-in + Technical Triage
- 12/04/2023 ︎︎︎Recital
- 12/11/2023 ︎︎︎Re-staging