Fall 2020 ︎︎︎ SUNY Purchase ︎︎︎ (DES3510) Word & Image 3
Ephemeral Exchange Program
BackgroundFor this exercise, we’ll be taking a look at using brand guidelines to create documents from. This may square more with your experience in the “real world” if you are working with existing brands. This will also be an opportunity to communicate your brand goals again and refocus them before the critique.
- You will be paired up with another student in the class.
You and that other student, must exchange brand guideline information, fonts, colors, etc.
If you do not have this in a document please communicate the information to them.
If you are not able to do that, please select an appropriate document from the branding repository to work with as your brand.
- Use the brand guideline, related information, and the person you are paired with to guide, the creation of a postcard with the following characteristics/information:
4in. ︎ 6in.
(Start with just the front half but if you end up having time for both that’s great).
Name of the event
(grand opening party, Zoom chakra-expanding session, exhibition, etc.)
- Date & Time of the event
- Location (virtual or real) of the event. You might want to consider something like a QR code if that is relevant to the event.
- links to other social media or website(s); this doesn’t have to be real or working obviously.
- Additional “on brand” copy (ie “we’d love to see you there!” if that fits the brand)
Present this to the person you are working with and ask them for notes on type, color,
“on brand”-ness, and any additional feedback they might have.
- Create a new version (if applicable) after feedback.
- Repeat this process as necessary based on the feedback you exchange.
- Place your version here:
- Talk about your feelings and results of the process in the breakout room and then as a group together afterwards.
︎Back to Word & Image 3