Ruined by Design: How to build an atomic bomb
Let’s watch this
Questions to think about as you’re watching this(think of most of these questions followed by “but y tho?”)
- How ‘bout them title cards?
- What did you agree with?
- What did you feel confused about?
- What did you vehemently disagree with?
Is it reductive to think about design in such an expansive way (equating graphic designers, developers, and budget planners for example?)
- Is he “preaching to the choir”? Does this matter?
- (This was before Trump got banned obvi) Should Twitter be allowed to ban Donald Trump?
Things we talked about in class
- The personal responsibility of recycling vs a corporation’s ability to change how they make their products. I just wrote the word “recycling” not sure if I meant something else by this.
- L7 having women at the front of their shows (In relation to Mike Monteiro asking “women” to come up and get free copies of his code of ethics for design)
- Jeb Bush, “please clap” clip︎ (in relation to Mike Monteiro basically asking for laughs and applause)
- Neanderthal DNA as a “genetic” defect︎ (forgot why this came up but I think we were talking about white privilege)
- Ecosia︎ (We were talking about alternatives to Google and Bing)
- Microsoft’s racists AI bot︎(I think we were talking about this in relationship to “removing” racism from services like Twitter)
︎Back to Design Issues