Spring 2022 ︎ SUNY Purchase ︎ (DES3440) Typographic Investigations
Calligraphy BooksWe will go through specific types of lettering and their historical references but the precocious among you will inevitably want to know how to draw other types of letters.
General Typography BooksThese are more rudimentary books on typography if you feel you need to catch up on things.
Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning CoursesYou have free access to Lynda through Purchase. Not placing these here to “pass you off” to these resources by any means, but if you’re looking at similar materials to what we cover in class that you can pause, maybe you respond more to the instructor there, or want to get ahead they are available.
- Learning Type Design by Charles Nix︎
- Glyphs App Essential Training by Charles Nix︎
Creating a Font for Apps and Games with Glyphs by John Roshell︎
Design a Condensed Sans Serif Typeface by Charles Nix︎
- Design an Italic Typeface by Charles Nix︎
- Creating Icon Fonts for the Web by James Williamson︎
- Learning Calligraphy by Ina Saltz︎
Instagram Pages to Follow
- OH no Type Co.︎
💥BWHAM💥︎ Mike Essl’s Compositions from comic book lettering.
- Kiel Mutschelknaus︎ A lot of chill programmatic type stuff
- FEMME TYPE︎
- Cal Arts type design︎ (Jeff Keedy)
- Type Supply︎
- Studio Triple︎
- Fazekas Istvan︎
- Agyei Archer︎
- Lavendr Type︎
- John Downer︎
- Letterform Archive︎
︎Back to Typographic Investigations